It’s National Guys with Weird Facial Hair Day, judging by our pictures below. It’s a relatively quiet Sunday, but we have new episodes of two great prestige, if melodramatic shows, and a promising looking new Adult Swim show about a family. Are they dysfuntional? What do you think?
Royal Crackers [Adult Swim, 12a]
The snack empire is crumbling around the Hornsby family now that Theodore Hornsby Sr., the founder of Royal Crackers, is in a super coma. Can his family n keep it together? This new Adult Swim show will answer that question. This ain’t Succession, but it is funny.
Succession [HBO, 9p]
And this IS Succession and it can be funny at times too. The Ridiculous Roys came back last week with an episode of battling betrayals and humongous acquisition deals that came with Birdemic-influenced pricing. It was an excellent reminder of why we hatewatch this show–there’s so few redeeming characters and the rich people machinations are absurd, but it can be such a compelling watch and I’m here for the final season.
BUT, WAIT, THERE’S MORE:
- If you have Showtime Anytime, you may have already seen the second episode of the new Yellowjackets season. The first season found things getting worse fot the soccer friends in both timelines, and it’s probably not a spoiler to say that the second episode will be more of the same as we have yet to see it… but you know! It’s still a great show with a spectacular cast including Christina Ricci, Juliette Lewis, and Melanie Lynskey.
- PI Jennifer Marshall hosts a third set of behind the scenes crimesolving as a new season of Mysteries Decoded debuts tonight. It’s on the CW, so you know it’s classy.
- If you’re feeling like some cartoon sushi (remember Cartoon Sushi?), there’s three new series debuting on the anime network Crunchyroll. The best title by far is The Aristocrat’s Otherworldly Adventure: Serving Gods Who Go Too Far about, we’re guessing an aristocrat whose gods go too far. We also see the unveiling of My Clueless First Friend (not a bad name as well) and My Home Hero (well, two out of three…).
- Norway celebrates its sacrifice in World War II (and they gave a lot, if not all) with War Sailor, a dark miniseries War Sailor, which was a hit at TIFF and is now debuting on Netflix.
- Watch famous singers and other celebrities wax poetic and nostalgic as they collect music on the best format out there. AXS TV has an interesting set of programming and they add to that today with the fun-looking Vinyl Obsession. The promo we found has Carnie Wilson absolutely adorably unboxing a box set of the Beach Boys–and if you don’t know why that is especially special, this might not be the show for you.
- Let’s end this whole shebang where we most love to, in that most glorious of vortexes, the Lifetime-Hallmark one. Tonight’s Lifetime movie is yet another automatic Lifetime title generator affair. In The Hand That Robs the Cradle,