It’s a relatively quiet September Sunday, but we do have the return for the final season of an adventurer who sadly decided to leave this mortal plain, more from of an unlikely reality couple, and a stalwart procedural returns to document the fictional hottest day of its fictional year.
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown [CNN, 9p]
We lost a legend with the passing of Anthony Bourdain. His unique takes on travel and cuisine will be missed, but we have one more season of Parts Unknown to journey with him. Tonight’s destination- Kenya.
Ashlee+Evan [E!, 10p]
Oh, good lord, Ashlee Simpson has a TV show. In episode three of the series, Ahslee “braves a fresh fish market” so she can prepare a dish for her husband (Evan Ross! She’s married to Diana Ross’s son) and cheer him up. This is going to be an embarrassing disaster.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- Fox’s 9-1-1 starts its second season with its first responders dealing with weird happenings on the hottest day of the year; hopefully they all make it out and Mookie does the right thing! Also, word is the earth might move under their feet.
- PBS’ Masterpiece airs the final part of the British adaptation of Jessie Burton’s The Miniaturist.
- HBO’s Sunday night line-up is in full swing with new episodes of The Deuce, Ballers, and Insecure.
- Meanwhile, Showtime is keeping pace with new offerings of The Circus, Shameless and Kidding.
- Word from the synopsis people is that the Fear the Walking Dead crew’s “hope falters,” but isn’t that what the Dead universe is all about.