Battles are the theme of the day’s recommendation–whether that’s the rekindling of a three-decades old rivalry from a classic 80s movie or between Archie and his murderous and deceptive pals or the survival dances of cockatoos and crabs in the wild. It is ON for this Wednesday night.
Cobra Kai [YouTube Red]
This sequel(?) takes place 34 years after the events in The Karate Kid (which, just coincidentally came out roughly 34 years ago) with Ralph Macchio and William Zabka reprising their roles as the now middle-aged Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence. Down-on-his-luck Johnny is re-opening the Cobra Kai dojo, and Danny wonders if he still thinks his karate is a joke.
Riverdale [The CW, 8p]
The CW unfortunately makes it VERY DIFFICULT to catch up on their shows that are currently airing, so after falling behind I was just going to wait until this season was released on Netflix. But then they had a musical episode! And gay themes! And now I’m sucked right back in.
Nature [PBS, 8p]
Animals are MONSTERS. See cockatoos, box crabs, sloths, and puff adders get downright nasty to stay on top of the food chain.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- Son of a… Colony carries on into a third season (somehow) tonight on USA, and while it may seem like our heroes were safe in the mountains and out of the Los Angeles aliens’ grasps, of course that can’t last or there would not be a season three.
- Serena Williams, is there anything she can’t do? Well, add “star in an HBO documentary about her break from being a tennis superstar to have a baby” to your list of things she can (and we have to have a talk about your weird list-keeping activities). Being Serena debuts tonight.
- If you ever wondered what if the Hollywood Squares came back again, but with a hip-hop theme, well center to the square, as Hip Hop Squares is back for a third season, now on MTV2.
- As the noose tightens around a local POTUS (a website can dream, can’t they?), Sam Bee returns on TBS to keep the pressure on and highlight the absurdity with Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
- More whispers from the past as it’s The Goldbergs night on ABC, and on tonight’s half-hour slice of life in the 80s, Barry gets a chance to throw out the first pitch at a Phillies game. No word on if Dickie Thon or Steve Bedrosian will make a cameo.