As movies start to drift from big screen to streaming, Survival Sunday offered a reverse move as many theaters across the country offered chances for Dead-heads to congregate at theaters to watch AMC’s Sunday night lineup as The Walking Dead‘s eighth season bowed out, and prequel Fear the Walking Dead‘s fourth season sneaking in–with one key soft-spoken character and his giant stick crossing over. Meanwhile, it’s a Sunday filled with all the usual suspects, and here’s our suggestions (starting, of course, with the big Kahuna)
The Walking Dead/Fear the Walking Dead [AMC, 9p]
Big night zombie fans! Tonight the war between Rick’s people and the saviors comes to a head on The Walking Dead, while on Fear The Walking Dead‘s season premiere Morgan Jones arrives on the scene! Survival Sunday is here!
The Last Man on Earth [Fox, 9:30p]
Mike’s back! How did he find the gang? Why? He’s not dead?! Is America a fiery nuclear hellscape? (Who can say?)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine [Fox, 8:30p]
All my wildest dreams are coming true and we are in for ONE HOUR in Brooklyn’s 99th. In the first of tonight’s episodes, Jake and Charles realize they have joined a pyramid scheme and need to find a way out of their contracts. In the second of tonight’s episodes, Jake invites his newly discovered half-sister to visit and realizes she is terrible. This might be a hot take, but is it too much to ask for a real one hour special with one sustained plot line? No? I’ll take what I can get and enjoy this two episode release.
Barry [HBO, 10:30p]
Barry is now entirely Barry Block, but his efforts to move away from his hitman past (along with his mentor and those crazy Chechen mobsters) promise to prove as near impossible as his courtship of Sally or the show itself to fit all the subplots into one half-hour. But it’s so far been sooo good for this crafty comedy.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- At the end of last week’s Silicon Valley, Dinesh found the mole (and then, in true clueless Dinesh fashion, told him to be on the lookout for a mole). Tonight, Richard tries to bring in the first clients for the internet, part 2, while avoiding the mole’s prying ears. On HBO.
- Over on BBC America, Villanelle and Eve continue their cat-and-mouse games on the second episode of Killing Eve.
- The Simpsons promises to redeem itself yet again, as the spotlight is shone on a more palatable Hank Azaria character, Moe–the one that got him the job in the first place–as the crusty bartender battles his crustier dad (voiced by Ray Liotta).
- Alex Wagner replaces disgraced journalist Mark Halperin on Showtime’s The Circus, as they cover a man who has done the exact same thing as Halperin, only much, much worse, however, he’s still the star of our Presidential show. Ugh! Is it 2020 yet?
- In closing, even though it’s not really our scene, we feel oddly compelled to mention country artists are handing out awards tonight in Las Vegas. The Academy of Country Music Awards airs tonight on NBC.