Samantha Bee addresses the absolutely abominable tragedy that is Trump’s abandonment of our own people in Puerto Rico, a spry spin-off ends an impressive first season, Zach Braff starts a start-up farm (with Tiya Sircar, aka The Good Place‘s Vicky), the universe surrounding Superman’s home planet continues to expand, and those critically-acclaimed Russian spies from the ’80s return
Full Frontal with Samantha Bee [TBS, 10p]
Six months after Hurricane Maria there are still people in Puerto Rico without power. While the headlines have forgotten about this, Samantha Bee and her team have not. The show went on location last month to film their second remote special “The Great American Puerto Rico.” In it they cover many aspects of the recovery–from trying to restore the power grid and reforest the wetlands to those who were displaced in Orlando indefinitely. I appreciate her reminder that this is an American crisis we can’t just brush under the rug.
Grown-ish [Freeform, 8p]
The season finale is sure to give us a wonderful mixture of drama and self discovery as Zoey struggles to decide which boy she really belongs with (at least, for now). The episode begins on a cliffhanger as two boys in her life have already declared their love for her and a third (her ex) has just appeared at her door. Who will Zoey choose? The young activist? The NBA bound basketball star? The dreamy artist? This is the perfect 30 thirty minute comedy to play in the background as you paint your nails and fold your laundry. Don’t have a TV? Freeform has all of their shows streaming live and uploads new episodes immediately after they air.
Krypton [Syfy, 10p]
Seg adjusts and faces a new threat and losing his parents. The enigmatic Adam Strange continues with stories of Seg’s grandson, Kal-El
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- Even if you live under a rock, soundtrack artisan Zach Braff has probably lifted it up to inform you of his new series Alex, Inc. It follows the adventures of Alex Schuman, a radio host who starts a podcast company (think Earwolf) with friends and family. It’s on ABC.
- According to Chapter 30’s subtitle, the noose is tightening in (and on) Riverdale. There’s elections, mobsters, and of course unexpected guests, and it’s all on The CW.
- The spies of the critically beloved, yet underwatched The Americans are back on FX for a sixth season. We hope they play Bruce Springsteen’s “Brilliant Disguise” even if it is too on-the-nose.
- With an amazing cast including Jeremy Sisto, Cam Gigandet, Ray Winstone, and friggin’ Donald Sutherland, Ice is somehow lost in the shuffle, way at the end of the dial on Audience, which only recently became non-exclusive to DirecTV subscribers. Season two starts tonight.
- Empire comes back tonight. If you like it, you know what it is, and where it is.