A bunch of new and returning shows and a challenging documentary highlight the Monday line-up, along with a pair of critically-praised shows.
BrainDead [CBS, 10p]
Robert and Michelle Kings, the writers behind The Good Wife, don’t wait long to launch a new series, and other than dealing in politics, it couldn’t be less similar. BrainDead is a comedy dealing with a brother and a sister confronted with aliens in Congress (“what a bunch of aliens”).
UnReal [Lifetime, 10p]
Chet is back and all fired up from his tribal sabbatical in Patagonia, ready to take back his show causing much distress between the sisterhood of the traveling producers Rachel and Quinn. He stole the suitor leaving the gals to negotiate some terms with him to keep the show rolling.
The Seven Five [TMC, 9p]
Meet Michael Dowd, a corrupt NYPD who profited from the crack epidemic of the 1980s. Admist the corruption of his precinct, Dowd was convicted and sentenced to prison for racketeering and conspiracy to distribute narcotics.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- A half-decade after Kyla Sedgwick’s titular character of The Closer exited stage right, most of the rest of the cast is still going strong on TNT as Major Crimes. On the fifth season premiere, a teen vanishes, while a different case hits, as it so often does, close to home.
- The NBA Finals might end one day after the NHL Finals closed out with the Pittsburgh Penguins on top. The Cleveland Cavaliers can extend the season with a win against the season’s juggernaut Golden State Warriors.
- Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, boys and girls both want to be her, likely due to her Jon Stewart-esque nose for political hypocrisy.
- Houdini & Doyle is still a thing you can watch…on FOX.
- Syfy’s 12 Monkeys managed to beat out the return of another critical favorite one week ago with its exitential threat of an episode. This week, we’re back in 2026.