Confirmation (HBO, 8p)
Kerry Washington stars as Anita Hill in HBO’s biopic revisiting the 1991 supreme court hearings where Clarence Thomas was accused of sexual harassment.
Love By Chance [Hallmark, 9p]
Beau Garrett is a busy pastry chef who falls in love with a handsome doctor but ghosts the relationship when she learns that her mother, played by Brenda Strong, set her up on a dating website without her consent. And that’s how Phoebe ended up single in LA.
Also On Tap Tonight:
- Lifetime’s Life Is Not a Fairytale: The Fantasia Barrino Story gets its BET premiere tonight at 8 p.m.
- Nicholas Sparks’ Save Haven, the one with mystical realism (a ghost) and a woman escaping her past through a failure to trust and a bathroom bleach job premieres on Bravo at 9:15 p.m.
- Dying to Be Loved is tonight’s Lifetime movie. A teenage girl and her boyfriend allegedly commit suicide so they can be together forever, but a mother’s instinct says otherwise!
- The much beloved Outlander airs tonight on Starz at 9 p.m.
- Did you know there is a second and third Starship Troopers? They’re probably not as incisive or political as Verhoven’s 1997 masterpiece, but they do air on Syfy at 7 and 9 p.m.