Tonight [Spoiler Alert] the jury acquits, some African-American women put on one hell of an annual show, the O’Neals try to hide the changes that define the show from their conservative grandmother. All that, and smart pills, Brooklyn cops, superhero recruits, and Melrose Place-loving Jessica Huang creates her own drama.
American Crime Story [FX, 9p]
It’s verdict time on Ryan Murphy’s latest anthology. As the Crime of the (Last) Century[TM], we all pretty much know how it goes down, with spectacular writing and Emmy-worthy turns by Sarah Paulson, Sterling K. Brown, and Courtney B. Vance, the first series of ACS made this 20-year-old case fresh.
Black Girls Rock (BET, 8p)
One of my favorite music events honoring awesome women of color in the entertainment industry. This year’s special is hosted by Tracey ellis Ross and feature performances by Lauryn Hill, Andra Day, Brandy and more.
The Real O’Neals [ABC, 8:30p]
Eileen wants to keep the family’s recent developments (divorce, coming out) a secret from her mother, but Kenny is ready to have a heart-to-heart with Grandma Agnes.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- Liv eats the brain of a woman whose personality matches her pre-zombie self to solve tonight’s crime on The CW’s iZombie.
- Rebecca wants revenge on tonight’s installment of CBS’ Limitless.
- Jessica tries to fill her drama void while Melrose Place is off-the-air on ABC’s Fresh Off the Boat, while the B-plot involves Emery, so that should be cool.
- Not even going to investigate what tonight’s episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (on FOX) has in store, because that picture above says all that’s needed. (I’ll be watching, I mean)
- On 2 weeks ago’s Tuesday night winner, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daisy’s visions terrify her.