It’s an insanely crowded night, headed up by the most watched show on cable’s most momentous episode in its history. We’ve also got awards shows, the return of a favorite from Great Britain, a whole host of promising looking episodes of critical favorites, and Regular-Sized Rudy! And we’re off…
The Walking Dead [AMC, 9p]
All roads lead to the 800 lb. white elephant in the room, as Negan awaits at the fork at the end of the episode. Who will survive (read our thoughts here) and who will meet their end, whether by Lucille or random fire. We’ll see in hours.
Bob’s Burgers [Fox, 8:30p]
It’s a Bob’s double feature tonight, praise be! First the kids rescue Regular Size Rudy’s party after a bounce house crisis (sounds like enough to get on the Nice list, Santa). Then Gene leads the party into the woods in pursuit of a mystical creature. I will not follow Gene to the edge of the desert, but I will watch him.
iHeartRadio Music Awards [TBS/TNT/truTV, 8p]
Jason Derulo hosts some of the biggest names in pop music get honored by you the people. Performances by Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Pitbull and more.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- Call the Midwife returns on PBS with a dark examination of who has the right to choose what babies get to live — a topic that obviously still resonates today.
- There’s new episodes from Vinyl, Girls, and one of your last chances to see Togetherness tonight on HBO.
- Shameless is also ending its season tonight on Showtime.
- Don’t look now, but The Last Man on Earth has been stunningly good lately. Poor hapless Todd. On FOX.
- The always engaging Aisha Tyler looks into her ancestry on the return of TLC’s rare show featuring learning, Who Do You Think You Are?
- And if you need to come down after whatever it is that’s in store on tonight’s TWD finale, join Chris Hardwick, Norman Reedus (that means nothing! nothing, you hear me!), and others to cool off on Talking Dead.