It’s your usual busy Thursday with everything, the kitchen sick, and Shondaland, Shondaland, Shondaland. So, of course, we all decided to go off the beaten path for our choices with a biodoc of an art legend, a true crime examination of a thirty year old case, and a tournament of champions of making classy dick jokes about current events and online memes.
In Search of Frida Kahlo [Ovation, 7p]
I’m a fan of Frida Kahlo. I’m also a fan of songstress Emeli Sande, who is a fan of Frida. Now watch Emeli’s journey to retrace and re-discover the life and legacy behind the one of the most iconic Latina artists of the 20th century. it’s a win/win for me.
@ Midnight [Comedy Central, 11:30p]
After last night’s upset of #1 overall seed Ron “Bunches Of” Funches, the final three is set with comedians Kyle Kinane, Paul F. Tompkins, and Jesse Joyce ad libbing clever quips about whatever internet oddity or cultural whimsy Chris “Coolnerdier Ryan Seacrest” Hardwick throws at them.
Motives & Murders: Cracking the Case [Investigation Discovery, 9 p]
The shows I love on Investigation Discovery are the ones that follow a case to its end, finding the perpetrator to jail. On tonight’s Motives & Murder the abduction and murder of Gloria Pointer in 1984 is solved 30 years later.
ALSO ON TAP TONIGHT:
- It’s just another day on FX’s bizarro sitcom, the wonderfully deliberately paced Baskets, as Chip attends book club to show off his winning personality.
- The world’s end is coming to a head on You, Me, and the Apocalypse on NBC.
- It’s raining unconventional material challenges on the fifth season of Lifetime’s Project Runway All-Stars
- Most secrets are aired and out in the open on USA’s criminally ignored alien dystopia Colony.
- Finally, there’s always something new on Thursdays in Shondaland.